Membership in the Assembly is open
to all living men and women on the land
The steps to join are below
Thank you for your interest in the California Assembly and correcting your status.
The information you find here will help you begin your journey.
Restoring the land and soil jurisdiction state, California, requires the reconstruction of the original lawful county and state assemblies (unincorporated). To that end, our goal is to help people "come home to California" by correcting their political status to be an American State National and no longer a corporate United States Citizen or US CITIZEN.
Our hope is that you'll feel called to join The California Assembly which will automatically qualify you for your County Assembly. However, you're not required to join either one as a State National. State Nationals are owed all the protections of the American government and all the freedoms, rights and constitutional guarantees afforded by government at any level, upholding the public law and keeping the peace.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Santa Cruz County Co-Coordinator
Correcting Your Status
American State National
Needed for basic status correction:
1) Birth Certificate copy (plus naturalization document or green card - for immigrants))
2) Passport-style photo
3) 1779 Declaration
4) 2 Witness Testimonies
Note: the 928 Documents are only needed for those wishing to hold an elected office in The California Assembly or become a Juror.
Anna recommends the basic 1779 Declaration plus 2 Witness Testimonies for everyone else.
There are 4 easy steps for correcting your status:
1) Create and print your documents (3 options)
- The American States Assembly website - computer generated option Fee supports The California Assembly (Publish to the LRO)
You will need to select "1779 Declaration" that applies to you:
- Green Card Immigrants
- 7 year undocumented immigrants
- Naturalized Immigrants
- Federal Employees
Note: You may choose the "Interactive Form Generator"
or create the documents yourself
Be sure to select the document for "Recording Secretary"
- Download and print your 1779 Declaration document
Next select "Two Witness Testimony" (on the right hand side of the page)
Be sure to select for "State of State Notary"
- Download and print your Witness Testimony document
Attach your passport photo where indicated on the Witness Testimony, with double sided tape, and print two color copies.
- Other options -
- LRO (Land Recording Office) - computer generated documents
Fees split between The Federation and The California Assembly
(instructions below for creating an account - click on Fees tab
to create auto generated documents)
- LRS (Land Recording Service) - computer generated documents
Privately owned service (LRS publishing required)
(Detailed instructions below- Using the LRS)
2) Complete Witness Testimonies
You will need two witnesses who have known you for at least 7 years. They can be friends, relatives or acquaintances.
Give one form to each of your two witnesses. They will need to fill out and autograph
the form in the presence of a Notary Public. UPS, Fedex or your bank are good places
to have the Witness Testimonies notarized. The Notary Public may want to use their
own witness jurat on a separate page, which is fine.
Ask your witnesses to return the documents to you after they are notarized.
3) Create an account on the LRO (Land Recording Office)
see detailed instructions below to upload a photo and red thumb print
and enter your contact information
4) Record your documents
- After your two Witness Testimonies have been notarized, contact your nearest State Recording Secretary (see below)
- Recording Fee (Payable to The California Assembly)
1779 Declaration (basic) - $40 928 Documents (optional) - $60
Additional Documents - $5 each
5) Publish your documents
- To either the Land Recording Office (LRO) or Land Recording Service (LRS)
- Publishing fee - $3 per document
Ask your Recording Secretary for assistance
6) Order a credential card(s) (optional)
- After recording and publishing your documents
- LRO - $50 (for two cards) LRS - $35 (one card)
Create an account on the LRO (Land Recording Office)
The LRO (Land Recording Office) is owned by The Federation of States for in-state publishing. Proceeds, after operating expenses, are shared between the States and Federation.
1) Create an LRO account https://members.americanstatenationals.us/index.php/lro-signup/
Create a password and enter your personal information. You will also need to enter
your Recording Secretary's email (see below for a list of Recording Secretaries) and your State Coordinator's email (email@example.com).
2) You will need a passport type photo and a red thumbprint on white paper
You can order a red thumbprint pad here:
or obtain one at an art supply store
You can obtain a passport photo at CVS or the UPS Store
How to resize your photo/thumbprint
a. Use this site to resize your image to 600 x 900 pixels
b. Click "upload image" and select your image
c. Your image will open in a new screen. Select crop aspect ration "photo 3x2"
d. Important: click the "change orientation" icon (to the right of the aspect ratio selection) to switch to portrait view
e. You can resize this box and move it around on your image until you get the view you like.
f. Click on the blue "crop" button
g. Your cropped image will open in a new screen. Click on "Resize"
h. Change height to 900. Make sure "fixed aspect ratio" is selected.
Width will automatically change to 600.
i. Click on the blue "Resize" button
j. Click on green "Go to Download" button (bottom right of screen).
k. Your finished image will open in a new screen. If you are satisfied, click the green "download image" button to save to a location on your computer you will remember for later uploading to your LRO account.
2) Upload your photo and thumbprint to your LRO Account https://members.americanstatenationals.us/index.php/lro-login/
3) Check for a confirmation email that will be sent to you
Recording Your Documents
1) Contact a State Recorder
For Santa Cruz County – contact David Harra
Here is a listing for other California Recorders
Alameda Yvonne Burgess firstname.lastname@example.org
Calaveras Dee Yates email@example.com
Contra Costa Linda Gera firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles Jordan Osborn email@example.com
Los Angeles Julia Andersson firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles Michelle Ford email@example.com
Los Angeles Theresa Runyon firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles Victoria Ingledue email@example.com
Marin Wendy Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org
Mendocino Paula Geroux email@example.com
Orange Tony Rottero firstname.lastname@example.org
San Bernardino Jenny Zabala email@example.com
San Diego Laurie Campolito firstname.lastname@example.org
San Joaquin Brenda Maning email@example.com
Santa Cruz David Harra firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Scan and save all your completed documents to PDF:
1) Two completed/notarized Witness Testimonies
2) 1779 Declaration (unsigned)
3) Birth Certificate
4) Green Card/Naturalization Documents (if applicable)
3) Send this information via PDF to your Recording Secretary. In the subject line write"Documents for Recording"
The Recording Secretary will review your documents to ensure they are correct, and then contact you to set up either an in-person meeting or Zoom call, for witnessing the signing of your 1779 Declaration.
4) Pay Assembly recording fee - An additional $40 recording fee is sent to
The California Assembly (Via LRO or direct donation - ask your Recording Secretary for assistance)
5) Pay publishing fee - Pay publishing fee - $3 per document - (ask your Recording Secretary for assistance)
For remote witnessing you must have access to the following:
Access to a computer with a camera and internet access, or other device with a camera and internet access such as a cell phone.
Access to Zoom
A link will be provided via email for your appointment.
During the remote witnessing session the Recording Secretary will establish that you are able to get into a position for the witnessing to be successfully recorded - with your camera pointing to the documents you are autographing.
Publishing your documents
1) After autographing/recording your documents (if via zoom call), send your complete document package to your Recording Secretary via regular mail. Please include a stamped, self addressed envelope with adequate postage so that they may return your original recorded documents to you after publishing.
2) Your Recording Secretary will upload and publish your documents to your preference of either the LRO or LRS and return your original documents to you. Please specify which publishing service you wish to use.
All fees from the Land Recording Office are divided between The Federation and
The California Assembly.
Credential Cards - LRO
After recording and publishing your documents, you may order credential cards on on your LRO account page - (Fees tab). $50 fee (2 cards)
Using the LRS
The LRS (Land Recording System) allows for international publishing, was created in collaboration with The Federation of States and is privately owned. All proceeds remain with the LRS site owner.
Documents created on the LRS must also be published there.
1) Create an account https://recorder.americaunincorporated.org/home
Be sure to look for the verification email that will be sent to you, to unlock your account.
You will need a passport style photo (which you can get from CVS or the UPS Store) and also a copy of your birth certificate (plus naturalization document/green card if born in another country). It's not necessary to have certified copies.
The documents you will need to create (on the LRS) are the 1779 Declaration and
2 Witness Testimonies. The site is very user friendly and will guide you through the process.
The menu can be accessed by clicking on the 3 horizontal bars at the top left of the screen.
2) Enter your personal information
3) Upload your photo and red thumb print. You will need to create a red thumb print on white paper to upload, using a red stamp pad, which can be purchased online, or at an art or office supply store.
4) Pay Publishing Fee - You will also need to pay a publishing fee - $3 per document - "Place Publishing Order" on the menu.
Important: The 4 steps above are necessary before creating documents.
1) Select "Create Documents" on the menu. Detailed instructions for each document are included below.
2) Save all created documents as PDF files - click on the download icon at the top of the screen - or right click on document and select “save as”
Witness Testimonies (2)
1) On the menu - select “Create Documents”, then “Witness Testimony”.
2) Select type of notary - when asked "what type of notary will you use?"
Select “Notary Public" if you will be getting your document notarized by a bank or other notary service, such as the UPS store.
Select “State Recorder” if your Recording Secretary will be notarizing your document.
Important: If you need one of each type (i.e. One document will be notarized by a Recording Secretary and one by a Notary Public) you will need to create each document separately by returning to the menu between documents and selecting “create documents” again.
3) Select County where your document will be notarized.
4) Select a date within the month when your document will be notarized.
The exact date you choose isn't important as only the month will be printed.
5) Click "OK" and your completed document should open in a new tab.
If the document doesn’t open, try temporarily disabling pop-up blocking.
Refreshing your screen/signing out, signing in again can also help.
If problems persist, contact Brett - LRS_Support@protonmail.com
6) Print two color copies. Important: Print at 90% to allow room for Recorder stamps. Download and save file as PDF
7) Choose two witnesses - anyone who has known you for at least 7 years. This might be a family member, friend, co-worker, etc. Give each witness a copy of the Witness Testimony and ask them to fill in their information and have the document notarized at their bank or the UPS Store, and return to you.
1) On the menu - select “Create Documents”, then “1779 Declaration” There are 4 choices for this document - select the one appropriate for your situation.
2) Select "State Recorder" under Notary Information.
3) Choose the County where your Declaration will be notarized.
4) Select a date within the month when your document will be notarized. The exact date isn't important as only the month will be printed.
5) Click "OK" and your document should open in a new tab.
If the document doesn’t open, try temporarily disabling pop-up blocking- or refresh
If problems persist, contact Brett - LRS_Support@protonmail.com
6) Print the document, but DO NOT SIGN. Important: Print at 90% to allow room for Recorder stamps. Signing will be completed with the State Recorder, either in person or via Zoom call. Download and save as a PDF file.
7) Contact your Recording Secretary for recording/publishing (see above)
Credential Card - LRS
After your documents have been recorded and published you may also order a credential card.
You will not be able to order a credential card until your documents are published. Your Recorder will notify you of the publishing date.
After publishing is complete - Select "Place Credential Card Order" on the menu - and pay the fee - $35. Your card should arrive within 1 to 2 weeks.