Membership in the Assembly is open
to all living men and women on the land
The steps to join are below
Thank you for your interest in the California Assembly and correcting your status. The information you find here will help you begin your journey.
Restoring the land and soil jurisdiction state, California, requires the reconstruction of the original lawful county and state assemblies (unincorporated). To that end, our goal is to help people "come home to California" by correcting their political status to be an American State National and no longer a corporate United States Citizen or US CITIZEN.
Our hope is that you'll feel called to join The California Assembly which will automatically qualify you for your County Assembly. However, you're not required to join either one as a State National. State Nationals are owed all the protections of the American government and all the freedoms, rights and constitutional guarantees afforded by government at any level, upholding the public law and keeping the peace.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Correcting Your Status
American State National
Needed for basic status correction:
1) Birth Certificate copy (plus naturalization document or green card for immigrants)
2) Passport-style photo
3) 1779 Declaration
4) 2 Witness Testimonies
Note: the 928 Documents are only needed for those wishing to hold an elected office in The California Assembly or become a Juror.
Anna recommends the basic 1779 Declaration plus 2 Witness Testimonies for everyone else.
The 4 easy steps for correcting your status:
1) Create and print your documents (3 options)
The American States Assembly website – this is a computer generated option. Fee supports The California Assembly (Publish to the LRO)
You will need to select "1779 Declaration" that applies to you:
- Green Card Immigrants
- 7 year undocumented immigrants
- Naturalized Immigrants
- Federal Employees
Note: You may choose the "Interactive Form Generator"
or create the documents yourself
Be sure to select the document for "Recording
- Download and print your 1779 Declaration document
Next select "Two Witness Testimony" (on the right hand side of the page). Be sure to select for "State of State Notary"
- Download and print your Witness Testimony document
Attach your passport photo where indicated on the Witness Testimony, with double sided tape, and print two color copies.
– Other options –
- LRO (Land Recording Office) - computer generated documents. Fees are split between The Federation and The California Assembly.
(Instructions below for creating an account – click on 'Fees' tab to create auto generated documents).
2) Complete Witness Testimonies
You will need two witnesses who have known you for at least 7 years. They can be friends, relatives or acquaintances.
Give one form to each of your two witnesses. They will need to fill out and autograph the form in the presence of a Notary Public. UPS, Fedex or your bank are good places to have the Witness Testimonies notarized. The Notary Public may want to use their own witness jurat on a separate page, which is fine.
Ask your witnesses to return the documents to you after they are notarized.
3) Create an account on the LRO (Land Recording Office)
See detailed instructions below to upload a photo
and red thumb print and enter your contact information
4) Record your documents
- After your two Witness Testimonies have been
notarized, contact your nearest State Recording
Secretary (see below)
- Recording Fee (Payable to The California Assembly)
1779 Declaration (basic) - $40
928 Documents (optional) - $60
Additional Documents - $5 each
5) Publish your documents
- To the Land Recording Office (LRO)
- Publishing fee - $3 per document
Ask your Recording Secretary for assistance
6) Order a credential card(s) (optional)
- After recording and publishing your documents
- LRO $50 (for two cards)
Create an account on the LRO (Land Recording Office)
The LRO (Land Recording Office) is owned by The Federation of States for in-state publishing. Proceeds, after operating expenses, are shared between the States and Federation.
1) Create an LRO account https://members.americanstatenationals.us/index.php/lro-signup/
Create a password and enter your personal information. You will also need to enter your Recording Secretary's email (see below for a list of Recording Secretaries) and your State Coordinator's email (CA - email@example.com).
2) You will need a passport type photo and a red thumbprint on white paper
You can order a red thumbprint pad here:
or obtain one at an art supply store
You can obtain a passport photo at CVS or the UPS Store
How to resize your photo/thumbprint
a. Use this site to resize your image to 600 x 900 pixels
b. Click "upload image" and select your image
c. Your image will open in a new screen. Select crop aspect ration "photo 3x2"
d. Important: click the "change orientation" icon (to the right of the aspect ratio selection) to switch to portrait view
e. You can resize this box and move it around on your image until you get the view you like.
f. Click on the blue "crop" button
g. Your cropped image will open in a new screen. Click on "Resize"
h. Change height to 900. Make sure "fixed aspect ratio" is selected. Width will automatically change to 600.
i. Click on the blue "Resize" button
j. Click on green "Go to Download" button (bottom right of screen).
k. Your finished image will open in a new screen. If you are satisfied, click the green "download image" button to save to a location on your computer you will remember for later uploading to your LRO account.
2) Upload your photo and thumbprint to your LRO Account https://members.americanstatenationals.us/index.php/lro-login/
3) Check for a confirmation email that will be sent to you
Recording Your Documents
1) Contact a State Recorder...
For Santa Cruz County – contact David Harra
Here is the list of all current California Recorders:
2) Scan and save all your completed documents to PDF:
1) Two completed/notarized Witness Testimonies
2) 1779 Declaration (unsigned)
3) Birth Certificate
4) Green Card/Naturalization Documents (if applicable)
3) Send this information via PDF to your Recording Secretary. In the subject line write "Documents for Recording"
The Recording Secretary will review your documents to ensure they are correct, and then contact you to set up either an in-person meeting or Zoom call, for witnessing the signing of your 1779 Declaration.
4) Pay Assembly recording fee – An additional $40 recording fee is sent to The California Assembly (Via LRO or direct donation – ask your Recording Secretary for assistance)
5) Pay publishing fee – Pay publishing fee: $3 per document (ask your Recording Secretary for assistance)
For remote witnessing you must have access to the following:
Access to a computer with a camera and internet access, or other device with a camera and internet access such as a cell phone.
Access to Zoom
A link will be provided via email for your appointment.
During the remote witnessing session the Recording Secretary will establish that you are able to get into a position for the witnessing to be successfully recorded, with your camera pointing to the documents you are autographing.
Publishing your documents
1) After autographing/recording your documents (if via zoom call), send your complete document package to your Recording Secretary via regular mail. Please include a stamped, self addressed envelope with adequate postage so that they may return your original recorded documents to you after publishing.
2) Your Recording Secretary will upload and publish your documents to the LRO and return your original documents to you.
All fees from the Land Recording Office are divided between The Federation and The California Assembly.
Credential Cards - LRO
After recording and publishing your documents, you may order credential cards on on your LRO account page – (Fees tab) – $50 fee (2 cards)